Perfect for those moments when you WANT CAKE NOW. This keto pumpkin mug cake cooks in only 90 seconds! Moist and fudgy yet surprisingly light, this easy healthy pumpkin mug cake is a lovely afternoon or post-dinner treat.
I’m in the middle of my annual pumpkin baking craze. Over the last couple of weeks, we have devoured Fudgy Pumpkin Brownies and this Sugar Free Pumpkin Pie. My freezer is filled with an XL batch of keto butternut squash soup which will be lunch over the next week.
I'm a huge fan of quick and easy recipes. This is why I had to add a keto pumpkin mug cake to my collection of microwave cake recipes.
🌟 Why You'll Love This Recipe
- Quick and easy - This cake takes 5 minutes to make in total.
- Soft and moist - The texture is wonderfully moist and fudgy.
- Versatile - You can make it in 2 ramekins or mugs or in a dessert bowl like I did.
- Fall flavors - It's packed with gorgeous autumn notes, plus deep chocolate flavour
- Sugar-free, gluten-free, low in fat and keto. One portion is only 3.9g net carbs.
You only need a handful of ingredients for this keto mug cake:
- Almond flour. I used ground almonds. If using extra-fine almond flour, reduce the amount to 3 tablespoons.
- Pumpkin puree. I used canned pumpkin puree. Don't use ready-made pumpkin pie filling, it contains lots of added sugar.
- Granulated sweetener. A golden sugar substitute works well because it adds warm caramel notes. I like Lakanto Gold, which is an erythritol monk fruit sweetener blend. However, any granulated sweetener is fine to use, from xylitol to allulose or Swerve.
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Baking powder
- Vanilla extract (optional)
This section contains step-by-step instructions and photos that show how to make this recipe. See the recipe card for full information on ingredients and quantities
1.) Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and whisk with a fork.
2.) Fill the batter into 2 mugs or 1 dessert bowl. Press down the batter so there aren't any air holes.
3.) Microwave on high for 1 ½ to 2 minutes.
4.) Wait until it has cooled before you release it onto a plate. If you want to eat it straight from the mug, feel free to enjoy it warm.
Grease the bowl or ramekin. If you want to turn your keto pumpkin mug cake out onto a plate later, grease a dessert bowl with coconut oil or butter so the cake won't stick.
Choose a larger mug. Don't over-fill your mugs. Leave a couple of fingers space at the top. The cake will rise during baking and you don't want the batter to overflow.
Check during microwaving. I recommend to check after 1 minute and again after 1 ½ minutes. Only if you then see that the cake does not seem fully cooked continue with the last 30 seconds.
The glaze is entirely optional and the cake tastes amazing without.
Here is how you make it: Melt 2 squares of chocolate and 1 teaspoon of butter or cream or coconut oil in the microwave. Do this slowly and gently so the chocolate does not overheat and seize.
The ratio should be 3 parts chocolate and 1 part butter/fat.
Wait until it has cooled to lukewarm for a thicker texture. Then, drizzle it over the cake.
Here are some ideas on how you can change the flavour of this pumpkin mug cake.
Change up the spices: Add a teaspoon of pumpkin spices, cinnamon or a pinch of nutmeg.
Double chocolate: Add sugar free chocolate chips to the batter.
Add crunch: Stir in 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts or pecans.
Top with cream: Add my sugar free whipped cream!
Yes. Bake at 180 Celsius / 356 Fahrenheit for 12-27 minutes. 2 small ramekins will bake quicker than 1 larger container.
This keto pumpkin mug cake keeps in the fridge for up to 4 days. You can also freeze it for up to 3 months.
I haven't tried it yet, but I would use 1 tablespoon or coconut flour in place of the almond flour.
Replace the cocoa powder with more almond flour.
More Keto Mug Cakes
Tried this recipe? Give it a star rating below!
Keto Pumpkin Mug Cakefrom Sugar Free Londoner
Note: The servings slider only changes the first amount in each line and not any subsequent amounts. Please make your own calculations where necessary.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix with a fork.
- Fill batter into 2 small mugs or ramekins or into 1 microwavable dessert bowl.
- Microwave for 1 ½ - 2 minutes.
- Enjoy straight out of the cup/ramekin/bowl or turn over onto a plate. Drizzle with optional chocolate glaze (recipe in the notes)