Rich, creamy, nutritionally dense and heart-healthy raw chocolate avocado mousse. An irresistible dessert that’s super quick and easy to make.
I have had no choice, friends. It was the avocados that made me do it.
There they were, lying in my fruit bowl. Green and super duper heart healthy. Begging to be transformed into something more exciting than… well, avocado halves with pepper and salt.
After the success of my Sweet Potato Brownies it was definitely time for another vegetable-injected, naturally sweetened dessert: Chocolate Avocado Mousse!
And what can I tell you… cocoa, bananas and avocado make for a flavour combination that will knock your socks off.
Nutritionally dense, you say? Oh, yes!
- Avocados are rich in healthy fats, folate, carotenoids.
- Bananas power you with Vitamin B6, potassium and fibre.
- Chocolate provides antioxidants and magnesium.
That’s one healthy bowl of pudding, dude.
Chocolate Avocado Mousse is also easily customisable. If you prefer an intense chocolate flavour, add more cocoa. If you like your mousse on the sweeter side, add another spoon of stevia. It’s extremely forgiving and flexible in this way.
And did I mention how rich it tastes?
In my opinion, whipped cream on top is essential as well as a couple of raspberries for that extra feast-for-the-eyes factor (plus everyone knows raspberries and chocolate is an irresistible old school combo). Frankly, it elevates this dish to yet another level of decadence and increases the wave of flavour that just brings it all together. Do follow my example.
I am absolutely certain you all are going to fall in love with this mousse. It’s:
Not too sweet
and irresistibly fresh
We all love a good pudding. This pudding loves you back.
- 1½ ripe avocados
- 1 large ripe banana
- 3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa or cacao powder
- 2 tsp erythritol
- ¼ cup milk or almond milk
- whipped cream
- handful of raspberries
- Add all ingredients except for the cream and raspberries into a food processor and blend until creamy and smooth.
- Customise to taste: Add more milk to thin/help blend. Add more cocoa for a richer chocolate flavour. Add more sweetener of choice to enhance sweetness.
- Divide between 6 small serving glasses, cover with plastic wrap and chill until ready to serve.
- Before serving, top with whipped cream (I used a mix of whipped double cream and creme fraiche for a fresher taste - you decide which way you want this flavour to go. Just own it! You simply cannot go wrong)
- Decorate with raspberries
- Leftovers will keep in the fridge up to a few days