So incredibly easy and impossibly delicious: this dairy free strawberry mousse is made with coconut cream. Only four ingredients, vegan and low carb!
Friends, this strawberry coconut mousse tastes irresistibly fluffy and light, has only four ingredients and is super-simple to make. Basically, it is the strawberry equivalent of my Raspberry Coconut Fool!
How do you make strawberry mousse?
Traditionally, mousse is made with gelatin. In this dairy free recipe I’m using coconut cream. If it is cool it’s nice and firm there’s no need for gelatin at all!
If you can’t get coconut cream where you are, simply purchase a can of coconut milk. If you leave it in the fridge overnight, the cream will separate from the liquid part and you can easily scoop it out.
A good trick is to shake the can when you’re at the store. If you can hear the liquid contents swishing around, it’s probably too thin to work for this recipe.
Once thick, transfer only the creamy part to a bowl, leaving the liquid part for a lovely Thai Curry you might want to make later. Whip in your strawberries, vanilla and sweetener and cool until serving time.
There it is – a deliciously creamy-dreamy low carb strawberry mousse!
I think this coconut strawberry mousse is perfect as a quick and simple summer dessert. If you’re looking for more fruity summer desserts, check out my Low Carb Grilled Peaches or these easy Sugar Free Strawberry Shortcake Trifle Pots!
Tried this recipe? Give it a star rating below!
Coconut Strawberry Mousse
- 400 g / 1 2/3 cup coconut milk (from a tin), full fat and cooled
- 200 g / 1 1/2 cup strawberries, hulled
- 1 vanilla pod or 1 tsp ground vanilla
- 2 tsp powdered sweetener adjust to taste
- extra strawberries to decorate
- Make sure your coconut milk is cold and firm. Scoop only the thick bits out of the can (if you chose a full fat coconut milk, this should be the majority of the contents). You do not want your mousse to be liquid
- Blend half of the coconut milk with the strawberries and sweeten with 1 tsp sweetener
- Flavour the rest with the vanilla and 1 tsp of sweetener.
- Fill into shot glasses and serve
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on one of these links and purchase a product, I may earn a small commission, at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting Sugar Free Londoner.