You'll love this sugar free cookie dough recipe! It's an absolutely guilt-free edible dough that contains no eggs and is ready in one minute. A perfect low carb and keto friendly treat.
What's better than sugar free cookies?
Sugar free cookie dough, of course!
Are you like me and get a warm fuzzy happy feeling when you're thinking about healthy sweets... and healthy cookie dough? Well, since you've found this page, I'm guessing you know what I'm talking about.
I have a sweet tooth and I always eat half the cookie dough when I make cookies - under the pretence that I've to taste if it's just right. And gosh, it always tastes SO GOOD!
That's why it was time to make sugar free edible cookie dough. I took inspiration from keto chocolate chip cookies.
Obviously, as this recipe is a no bake dough, I left out the raw eggs.
Why is this keto cookie dough recipe the IDEAL QUICK DESSERT?
🌟 Why You'll Love This Recipe
- ready in ONE MINUTE
- indulgent and full of flavor
- smooth, soft and creamy texture
- kind of marzipan-ey, with delicious notes of vanilla
- stuffed with chocolate chips
- only 1.4 grams net carbs per cookie dough bite
- basically, instant pleasure.
- Almond flour - I used super-fine almond flour. Ground almonds work here, too, just add an extra couple of teaspoons as they're coarser.
- Heavy cream - Also called double cream. I am using it in place of butter and it works so well. For a dairy free option use coconut cream or coconut oil.
- Powdered sweetener - I used an erythritol monk fruit sweetener blend. Lakanto is a great option. However, any 1:1 sugar substitute works, from Swerve to Bocha Sweet to allulose.
- Vanilla extract
- Sugar free chocolate chips.
TOP TIP: In the US the stevia-sweetened dark chocolate chips by Lily's are a good option. Or opt for dark chocolate with a minimum 85% cocoa content. I like the 90% chocolate by Lindt (Amazon aff links). Just break it into small pieces and you're good to go!
You can also make your own sugar free chocolate chips.
(This section contains step by step instructions and photos that show how to make this recipe. Find the recipe card with ingredient amounts and nutritional information at the bottom of the post.)
★You don't need any special kitchen equipment.★
Step 1: Get yourself a mixing bowl and fork. Put all ingredients into the bowl.
Step 2: Mix all ingredients until smooth and well combined.
Step 3: Enjoy straight from the bowl or roll into little balls.
- Use a spoon or cookie scoop and form bite-sized cookie dough fat bombs.
- Roll it into little balls with your hands. Option to decorate with a quick chocolate ganache like I did.
- Or.... eat it with a spoon straight from the bowl 🙂
And here are some more ideas:
Cookie Dough ice cream: Why not roll the dough into mini balls and use to jazz up this sugar free ice cream.
Or use sugar free cookie dough as a no-bake crust for a decadent cheesecake!
- Chocolate keto cookie dough: Add a tablespoon of unsweetened chocolate powder.
- Nut butter: Add 2 tablespoons peanut butter or almond butter to the batter and reduce the cream to 2 tablespoons.
- Stir in chopped nuts (walnuts, hazelnuts, pecans) instead of or as well as the chocolate chips
- Dairy-free: replace the cream with coconut cream.
- Change up the flavor: Add 1 teaspoon cinnamon or a pinch of sea salt.
- For a firmer cookie dough simply add more almond flour or a pinch coconut flour. For a softer dough increase the cream or add 1-2 tablespoons of cream cheese.
Yes. You can make a coconut flour cookie dough by using ⅓ cup or 35 grams of coconut flour in place of the almond flour. Coconut flour absorbs more moisture, that's why you need less.
Yes, you can use softened butter instead of the cream.
Store it in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Absolutely! Desserts containing almond flour always freeze well. I froze the rest of my batch and gobbled a ball now and then when I felt I needed a treat 🙂
Freeze for up to 3 months.
Possibly, but I have not tried it. This recipe is designed to be a no bake keto edible cookie dough. I recommend these recipes if you prefer to bake a batch:
Keto Sugar Cookies
Low Carb Keto Peanut Butter Cookies
The Best Keto Coconut Flour Cookies
The Ultimate Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies
Tried this recipe? Give it a star rating below!
Sugar Free Cookie Dough (Chocolate Chip)from Sugar Free Londoner
Note: The servings slider only changes the first amount in each line and not any subsequent amounts. Please make your own calculations where necessary. ***As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
For the optional chocolate ganache:
- 2 tablespoon sugar free chocolate chips (20g)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl, adding the chocolate chips last.
- Don't forget to taste and adjust the sweetness if necessary!
- Roll into balls.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in the microwave (gentle heat!) or in a water bath. Mix.
- Fill into a plastic sandwich or freezer bag, pinch off a corner/poke a hole into it and get decorating. You can also fold baking paper into a triangular shape so it makes a funnel and pinch off the bottom. Alternatively, just dunk the balls in the melted chocolate mix.
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on one of these links and purchase a product as a result, I may make a small commission, at no extra cost to you. This money helps with the running costs of my website. Thank you for supporting Sugar Free Londoner.