A simple, quick and delicious breakfast! It takes just 90 seconds to make these easy Keto English muffins in your microwave. They are gluten free and grain free.
There is absolutely no reason to miss bread when you’re on a low carb diet. Thanks to the double miracle that is almond flour and coconut flour, you can make amazingly delicious grain free breads. Soft white rolls? Tick! Rustic, seeded buns? Tick!
I’ve been doing a fair amount of bread baking recently – rolls, loaves, buns, you name it. One of my all time favourites has got to be my Rustic Paleo Bread – but now I’ve got a new bread love:
Keto English muffins!
The most awesome thing about these gluten free muffins (apart from the taste, naturally) is that you make them in the microwave. I think the microwave is a God-sent for busy people who like to sleep as long as possible in the mornings!
Keto English muffins require the same basic ingredients as my easy low carb rolls. I experimented a bit with quantities and ingredients – not a hardship when you have a finished product in front of you in a couple of minutes.
In the end, I came back to my original measurements, with the addition of some almond milk to produce a delightfully soft, pillowy and light texture.
Baker’s Top Tips for PERFECT gluten free English Muffins:
The one thing that’s absolutely essential is to grease your ramekins/mug you bake your muffin in REALLY REALLY well. You don’t want half of your muffin stubbornly cling to the ramekin, even though it would still taste great. This is not supposed to be a mug cake experience!
Keto English muffins should be sliced in half, toasted and eaten, in the most civilised British way, from a plate.
Here are a few ideas how to serve your low carb English muffins:
- lashings of butter (the purist version)
- nut butter, sugar free Nutella or homemade jams
- fried egg and bacon
- with poached egg, sauteed spinach and sauce Hollandaise.
Writing this has made me positively hungry again. How fortunate these muffins are ready in no time at all! 🙂
★ Tried this recipe? Give it a star rating below!★
Low Carb English Muffins (Microwave Recipe)
- Melt the butter in the microwave - this takes ca 30 seconds.
- In a bowl, whisk your egg.
- Add your melted butter and nut milk, then the almond flour, coconut flour and baking powder. Mix until smooth. If you wish, add a pinch of salt.
- Fill into a WELL-BUTTERED ramekin or mug (equally well-buttered)
- Microwave on high for 90 seconds.
- If necessary, run a knife around the edges of your dish and turn muffins over onto a plate.
- Cut in half and toast.
This post contains Amazon Affiliate links. If you click on one of these links, I may earn a small commission which helps me with the running costs of the site. Thank you for supporting Sugar Free Londoner.