Two great loves combined into one – caramel and cheesecake – in a super easy keto fat bomb recipe! These easy salted caramel cheesecake fat bombs are smooth and creamy and the perfect pick-me-up keto treat.
What are fat bombs?
Fat bombs are little yet satisfying morsels that come in handy when you feel like a treat. They can be sweet or savoury.
In the in the world of low carb and keto eating, fat is not your enemy. In fact, is good! Fat is the fuel that replaces carbohydrates and keeps hunger at bay.
This keto fat bomb recipe uses a simple cheesecake base mixed with the dairy free keto caramel sauce I posted a couple of weeks ago. I’m so in love with it that I’ve made the caramel 3 more times since then! I think it’s absolutely mouthwatering in this recipe.
How to make salted caramel cheesecake fat bombs:
1.) Get your ingredients ready – cream cheese, butter, caramel sauce and a pinch of salt (unless you’ve already added that when you made the caramel!)
2.) Add the cream cheese and butter to a mixing bowl and whisk together using an electric whisk until combined.
Tip: Make sure the butter is very soft. If you’re impatient, simply zap it in the microwave for 20-30 seconds to soften it up.
3.) Whisk through 2 heaped tbsp of cooled caramel.
4.) Spoon 1 tbsp of cheesecake mix into your silicone moulds and top with a drizzle of caramel in the centre (roughly 1 heaped tbsp across the 6 cups).
Then top with the remaining cream cheese mix and smooth the top with the back of a teaspoon.
Freeze for 2 – 4 hours, or until set. Drizzle with the remaining 1 heaped tbsp of caramel to serve. Option to put this in the middle or into the mix if you prefer.
A soft caramel works best with these caramel fat bombs. So, when you make your caramel, only cook it for 5-7 minutes.
But don’t worry if you make it thinner or thicker, it should still work. Just try not to make it too thick so it’s solid or it won’t beat into the mix easily.
Silicone moulds come into their own for freezer recipes. If you use one, you can release the fat bombs out of the mould with ease.
Use cupcake moulds for larger and thinner fat bombs. I used moulds with a diameter of 4.5 cm at the bottom and filled them 1.5-2 cm high. Or go for mini moulds and you’ll get a higher yield.
You could even use a silicone ice cube tray! This way you’d end up with bite-size nuggets.
How to assemble keto fat bombs
When adding caramel to the cream cheese layer, spoon in the middle of the cup rather than the edges to help the fat bombs retain their shape.
If the caramel ends up on the sides, the fat bombs get stickier as they melt.
Can you make this keto fat bomb recipe dairy free?
Absolutely! You can use coconut cream instead of the cream cheese and coconut oil in place of the butter.
Keep in the freezer in an airtight container for up to 2 months. Allow to come to room temperature slightly to soften (2-5 minutes), or enjoy as frozen fat bombs.
More delicious keto fat bomb recipes:
Tried this recipe? Give it a star rating below!
Keto Salted Caramel Cheesecake Fat Bombs
- silicone cupcake mould (4.5 cm diameter at the bottom)
- 2/3 cup / 150g cream cheese or mascarpone
- 3 tbsp butter unsalted, room temperature!!!
- 4 tbsp keto caramel sauce
- Add the cream cheese and butter to a mixing bowl and whisk together using an electric whisk until combined.
- Whisk through 2 heaped tbsp of cooled caramel (see note below***).
- Spoon 1 tbsp of cheesecake mix into your silicone moulds and top with a drizzle of caramel in the centre (roughly 1 heaped tbsp across the 6 cups). Top with the remaining cream cheese mix and smooth the top with the back of a teaspoon.
- Freeze for 2 - 4 hours, or until set. Drizzle with the remaining 1 heaped tbsp of caramel to serve. Option to put this in the middle or into the mix if you prefer.
- Enjoy straight from the freezer or allow to soften for 5 minutes.
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on one of these links and purchase a product, I may earn a small commission, at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting Sugar Free Londoner.