This rustic Paleo bread is nutrient-dense, grain free and packed with seeds. It's perfect for gluten free, sugar free and low carb diets. No eggy taste!
How do you relax? For me, the default is to sit down with a recipe book.
Seriously, I'm a total recipe nerd! When I see something that looks yummy, I'll read through the ingredients, the method, the lot. For me, this is as relaxing as an Indian head massage. Having a nap. Or stroking your favourite pet. You get the picture.
The bonus is that sometimes I come across a recipe I just HAVE to try out. This is how this rustic Paleo bread recipe came about - it's an adaptation of a recipe for seeded bread I came across whilst leafing through a cookbook on a recent holiday.
Friends, this low carb Paleo bread recipe is soooo easy and seriously delicious.
It calls for almond flour and is absolutely JAM-PACKED with seeds. If you want a change from soft, pillowy low carb bread made from just almond flour or coconut flour, this is the bread recipe for you!
The 4 easy steps to make this recipe:
1.) First, you mix the almond flour, eggs, olive oil and salt in a food processor or in a bowl with a stick blender.
2.) Then you add the seeds and blend briefly until they are broken down. Don't mix for too long - you want to keep this bread crunchy!
3.) The dough is quite firm, so it can easily be shaped into a loaf by hand - no need for a baking tin!
4.) Bake for 45-50 minutes until the bread is lightly browned on top and your whole kitchen smells delicious!
You can replace the chia seeds with ground flaxseed and leave out some of the seeds to add in nuts such as sliced almonds or crushed walnuts.
This bread does not need baking powder. It's dense, does not crumble and can be cut into thin slices. You CAN add 1 teaspoon of baking powder if you're after a slightly fluffier loaf.
I get my eggs from a farm and they tend to be different sizes. If you have very large eggs, 4 eggs should be enough.
I don't think this bread tastes eggy at all. However, if you wish you can leave out 1 of the egg yolks and use only 4 yolks. The "egg taste" is in the yolks!
This Paleo bread toasts and freezes well.
I always slice my bread first and then toast it straight from the freezer!
- perfect with some sugar free jam, such as my raw raspberry vanilla chia jam or sugar free blueberry jam. If you don't feel like making your own (and are in the UK), check out the stevia-sweetened jams from The Jam Goddess.
- a great base for fried eggs. Just let that egg yolk run all over your slice of toasted paleo bread and you'll know exactly what I'm talking about.
Rustic Paleo Bread With Seedsfrom Sugar Free Londoner
Note: The servings slider only changes the first amount in each line and not any subsequent amounts. Please make your own calculations where necessary. ***As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Preheat your oven to 170 Celsius/ 340 Fahrenheit
- Place the almond flour and eggs in a food processor and mix. You can also do this in a big bowl with a stick blender.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and blitz briefly until the seeds are broken down a bit. You want to keep a decent crunch.
- Form your dough into a loaf and place on a baking sheet lined with baking paper.
- Bake for ca 45-50 minutes or until lightly browned on top
- Cool completely before cutting.
(This post may contain affiliate links. When you click on a link like this and purchase a product, I receive a small commission - at no extra cost to you. This money helps me with the running costs of my site.)