The best keto cauliflower soup recipe you'll ever taste! It has a creamy texture and is packed with flavor. Only 4.7g net carbs per portion.
I sometimes need a break from all that cream and cheese that's so often in keto recipes. That's why I decided to post my favourite way of making "clean" healthy cauliflower soup.
It's incredibly creamy and tasty - WITHOUT any cream or cheese!
My entire family goes crazy for this soup. I love to make an extra large portion when I meal prep on Sundays. It's a great one for freezing - easy lunches for the weeks ahead!
The secret to this soup is to roast all veggies in one pan before you cook them. The roasting adds incredible flavor.
🌟 Why You'll Love This Recipe
- Creamy texture
- Nutty, mellow flavor
- Gluten-free and dairy-free option
- Filling and nutritious
- Great for meal prep and freezing
- keto friendly - just 4.7g net carbs
You only need 6 ingredients to make low carb cauliflower soup, plus pepper and salt. Here's what you need:
- Cauliflower - I always buy my cauliflower whole, but if you want to save time, just use a bag of florets instead. The fresher your cauliflower is, the better it tastes.
- Butter - For a bit of richness. Use extra virgin olive oil for a dairy-free version.
- Garlic - Fresh is best. However, garlic powder also works.
- Onion - Use a white or a yellow onion.
- Celery - Important for flavor.
- Chicken broth - This lends better flavor than a vegetable broth.
Interesting fact: did you know that cauliflower is one of the very few vegetables that are actually lower in carbs when they are cooked? One half cup of raw cauliflower contains 5.3g carbs. When it is cooked, it reduces to only 2.6g of carbs.
(This section contains step by step instructions and photos that show how to make this recipe. Find the recipe card with ingredient amounts and nutritional information at the bottom of the post.)
Step 1: Place the cauliflower florets on a baking tray with the onion wedges, celery and garlic. Toss in melted butter and season with salt and pepper. Roast in the oven until soft and golden brown, turning once during cooking.
Step 2: Discard the garlic skins and add everything in the tray to a large pot, along with the broth. Bring to the boil, then simmer until the vegetables are soft and tender.
Step 3: Puree in a high speed blender or use an immersion blender. Adjust seasoning to taste.
A high speed blender will yield the creamiest soup. Blend in two batches.
I drizzled olive oil over the soup and sprinkled grated parmesan and chopped fresh chives on the top.
Serve this soup with toasted 90 Second Bread or a slice of my Almond Flour Bread. Sometimes I eat it alongside a crunchy green salad.
It is also great topped with a drizzle of truffle oil, bacon, chorizo crumbs or keto croutons!
Yes. I recommend to roast it as well.
No. You can just sauté the onion, garlic and celery in the pot, then add the rest of the ingredients. However, roasting the cauliflower increases the flavor.
There are a few variations to tweak this low carb soup and keep it interesting, especially if you make it regularly.
Try these herbs or spices:
- Cayenne pepper
Add cheese: To turn this into a classic keto cauliflower cheese soup, stir in grated cheddar cheese or Monterey Jack.
Increase the fat: To make this soup a more substantial meal, add heavy cream or cream cheese. I recommend ⅓ cup of either one or the other. Reduce the amount of broth by the same amount.
Dairy-free: Use olive oil instead of the butter, stick to vegetable stock and top with nutritional yeast instead of parmesan. If you wish to add additional fat, use coconut cream as opposed to dairy cream.
Refrigerator: You can store leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Freezer: Roasted cauliflower soup also freezes well. I tend to make a double or triple batch and freeze it in single portions for up to 3 months.
To defrost: Thaw overnight in the fridge. Or, reheat on the stovetop or in the microwave.
Here are more keto soup recipes to try:
- Low Carb Tomato Soup25 Minutes
- Keto Mushroom Soup (Easy & Creamy)25 Minutes
- Creamy Keto Butternut Squash Soup Recipe20 Minutes
- Keto Vegetable Soup30 Minutes
- Low Carb Keto Turkey Soup30 Minutes
- Keto Cheeseburger Soup30 Minutes
- Keto Chicken Soup
- Creamy Broccoli Pistachio Soup15 Minutes
Tried this recipe? Give it a star rating below!
★ STAY IN TOUCH on FACEBOOK, PINTEREST and INSTAGRAM for more great food and join my NEWSLETTER for the latest updates and a FREE EBOOK.★
Roasted Keto Cauliflower Soupfrom Sugar Free Londoner
Note: The servings slider only changes the first amount in each line and not any subsequent amounts. Please make your own calculations where necessary. ***As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 cauliflower 500g / 1.1 lb of florets
- 4 tablespoon butter melted or olive oil for DF (55g)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 small yellow onion wedges (70g)
- 2 celery sticks cut into 1 inch chunks (80g)
- 5 cup chicken or vegetable stock 1.2 litres
- 1 teaspoon salt or to taste
- ⅓ teaspoon black pepper or to taste
- ¼ cup grated parmesan 15g
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400F / 200C / 180C fan.
- Place the cauliflower florets on a baking tray with the onion wedges, celery and garlic. Toss in 4 tablespoon butter and season.
- Roast for 30 minutes until soft, turning once during cooking.
- Discard the garlic skins and add everything in the tray to a soup pan, along with the stock. Bring to the boil then reduce to a medium / low simmer and cook for 15 - 20 minutes.
- Transfer the soup to a blender and blitz until smooth. You may need to do this in two parts! Option to use a stick blender if you prefer. Using a blender makes it much creamier though without needing to add cream. Adjust the seasoning to taste.
- Ladle into bowls and serve with sprinkling of parmesan, a drizzle of olive oil and optional chopped chives.
- add 1 cup grated cheddar to the soup
- plus ⅓ cup cream cheese
- or ⅓ cup heavy cream (and reduce stock by ⅓ cup)
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on one of these links and purchase a product, I may earn a small commission, at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting Sugar Free Londoner.
Excellent soup. Best cauliflower soup I’ve had!
What Is Truffle oil?
It's a bottle of olive oil with a truffle inside. The truffle flavours the oil - it's delicious. You can buy it in delis.
Debra Leitner Benderev
My family and I love this soup and I make it often. I add ghee and coconut milk and serve it over quinoa for added protein. Thanks Katrin!
Oh Katrin, this soup is divine! I knew it would be good so I made a double batch. I used the immersion blender at first to try a bowl with a little more texture than with the blender. It was so tasty! And as suggested, I drizzled some olive oil on it. Everything was exactly as per your recipe. Then I sprinkled a little bit of nutritional yeast on top and along with 3 tablespoons of hemp hearts for some extra protein. I’m going to blend the remaining amount in the Vitamix (high-powered blender) for the smooth version. And now my house smells comforting from roasting the veg. Thank you so much for your wonderful recipes!
This is fantastic - thanks for detailing all your additions and tweaks. So glad you like the recipe!
Wow, who would have thought? Roasting just blows the ordinary boiled version out of the water. Drizzled with a little truffle oil my kids were audibly moaning.
Your kids are a lot more refined than mine - they haven't yet understood that truffle oil is delicious! More for us 😉
Whole family enjoyed this
I added the heavy cream & extra sharp cheddar & served with a sprinkle of chives. I had some pepper jack crisps & crunched up to mimic croutons.
Love the idea of some crunch on the soup. Delicious!
Leigh Anne Schleper
Super delicious with roasted cauliflower and veggies.