Sugar free cookies are my favourite sweet treat. They are simple and quick to make, keep well and are easy to transport. Even better, they taste delicious, come in countless wonderful variations AND have a handy in-built portion control!
This post answers all questions about how to make the perfect grain free, low carb and keto cookies: which low carb flours to use, the best sweeteners, how to get your cookies crispy or soft, how to make them egg free or dairy free.
I love cookie baking so much that I have written an entire cookbook about it! The keto cookies cookbook includes 35 delicious cookie recipes for all tastes and seasons.
Below, I have gathered together a selection of delicious sugar free cookie recipes. Which one of these gluten free, low carb recipes will you try first?
The most popular low carb flours are almond flour or coconut flour - or a mixture of the tw.. Other nut flours such as hazelnut, pecan or walnut will lend their own interesting flavour notes. Nut free options include sesame flour or sunflower seed flour.
Coarse almond flour or almond meal (or ground almonds in the UK) will result in a rustic cookie. Super-fine almond flour is perfect for shortbread-type cookies with a finer texture.
Use coconut oil instead of butter. Many cookie recipes use nut butters such as my almond butter brownie cookies. There are also cookies without butter, such as Italian Walnut Kisses or biscotti.
Bake them less and make them bigger.
Make them thinner and smaller and bake them longer.
Roll it out between two sheets of parchment paper and then cool it in the freezer for 15 minutes. This makes cutting out shapes easier.
Use erythritol for crispy cookies and allulose or xylitol for soft cookies.
- Low Carb Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies
- Low Carb Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies With Caramel - The Foodie Affair
- Salted Caramel Coconut Thumbprint Cookies - My Montana Kitchen
- Jam Thumbprint Low Carb Cookies - Joy Filled Eats
- Keto Twix Thumbprint Cookies - All Day I Dream About Food
- Red Velvet Thumbprint Cookies - Divalicious Recipes
- Low Carb Heart Thumbprint Cookies - Ketodiet App
- Low Carb Lemon Thumbprint Cookies - Grumpy's Honeybunch
- Cream Cheese Gingerbread Thumbprint Cookies - Divalicious Recipes
- Keto Sugar Cookies
- Keto Snickerdoodle Twists
- Keto Cinnamon Stars
- Chocolate Amaretti
- Keto Gingerbread Cookies
- Florentine Cookies - Joy Filled Eats
- Low Carb Snickerdoodle Cookies - Real Balanced
- Soft Jello Holiday Cookies - My Productive Backyard
- Pumpkin Pie Snowball Cookies - Beauty And The Foodie
- Keto Ginger Snaps
- The Ultimate Low Carb Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Keto Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies - My PCOS Kitchen
- Eggless Chocolate Chip Cookies - Joy Filled Eats
- Keto Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie - Beauty And The Foodie
- Double Chocolate Chip Cookies - Keto Cooking Christian
- Keto Chocolate Chip Cookie Sandwiches - Appetite For Energy
- Chocolate Chip Cookies Bars - Joy Filled Eats
- Keto Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies - Peace Love And Low Carb
- Keto Almond Butter Cookies
- Sugar Free Keto Pecan Cookies - I Breathe I'm Hungry
- Sugar Free Italian Walnut Kisses
- Low Carb Hazelnut Chocolate Sandwich Cookies - Sugar Free Mom
- Low Carb Peanut Butter Cookies
- Walnut Cream Cheese Cookies - Divalicious Recipes
- Butter Pecan Cookies - Joy Filled Eats
- Low Carb Spice Tea Cookies - My Life Cookbook
- Keto Lemon Cookies
- Low Carb Cloud Cookies - Step Away From The Carbs
- Keto Blueberry Pie Cookies - Kimspired DIY
- Lemon Ricotta Cookies - Noshin And Numnums
- Low Carb Raspberry Cheesecake Cookies Recipe - Wholesome Yum
- Low Carb Cranberry Almond Cookies - Step Away From The Carbs
- Cranberry Walnut Chocolate Chip Cookies - All Day I Dream About Food
- Blueberry Lemon Shortbread Cookies - Tasteaholics
- Chocolate Coconut Haystacks
- Keto No Bake Cookies
- Coconut Tahini Bliss Balls
- Peanut Butter Cookies - Joy Filled Eats
- Low Carb Peanut Butter Chocolate No Bake Cookies Wholesome Yum
- Holiday Praline No Bake Cookies - My Montana Kitchen
- Low Carb No Bake Cookies - The Little Pine
- Keto No Bake Cookies with Chocolate, Almonds and Coconut - Green And Keto
- Keto Cinnamon Shortbread Cookies - Simply So Healthy
- Low Carb Coconut Shortbread Cookies
- Low Carb Shortbread Cookies With Chocolate - My PCOS Kitchen
- Keto Cinnamon Streusel Cookies - Kimspired DIY
- Lemon Thyme Shortbread Cookies Noshin And Numnums
- Vegan Cashew Butter Paleo Shortbread - Modern Food Stories
- Lemon Almond Shortbread Cookies - I Breathe I'm Hungry
- Keto Macadamia Shortbread Cookies - All Day I Dream About Food
- Pecan Almond Shortbread Cookies - The Nourished Caveman
- Keto Almond Butter Brownie Cookies
- Keto Chocolate Cookies
- Keto Avocado Cookies
- The Best Low Carb Oreo Cookies - Ketodiet App
- Low Carb Thin Mint Cookies - Simply So Healthy
- Low Carb German Chocolate Cookies - My Montana Kitchen
- Vegan Keto Chocolate Chunk Cookies - Modern Food Stories
- Keto Chocolate Chip Mint Cookies - Ketodiet App
- Low Carb Chocolate Cookies With Sesame Seeds - Low Carb Maven
- Sugar-Free Oatmeal Cookies
- Keto Breakfast Cookies
- Low Carb Flaxseed Cinnamon Breakfast Cookies - Happy Healthy Mama
- Keto Cinnamon French Toast Cookies - Fat For Weightloss
- Lemon Poppyseed Breakfast Cookies - All Day I Dream About Food
- Chewy Peanut Butter & Flaxseed Cookies - Divalicious Recipes
When I make sugar-free cookies they always come out very cakey. How can I get a chewy crisp cookie recipe? I've tried recipes from different websites and oatmeal cookies are always too soft and cakey.
my crispiest cookies are these biscotti and my ginger cookies
Wow, I love your post. With the Holidays coming and not being able to visit family with this COVID-19, I wanted to make cookies and mail them to all of our loved ones. Do you recommend a certain cookie that would hold up if mailed?
Hi Aissa, all cookies that use only egg white are very crunchy and sturdy. This walnut cookie, for example, or the cinnamon stars, which only use 1 egg. My keto biscotti would also travel well.
Thanks for including some of my cookies!
You're an inspiration, as always! 🙂
Very nice post! I'll surely try these recipes. Thanks for sharing!
Thank you for this wonderful cookie recipe page. I am on low carb eating and have done well, but the past two weeks have been very hard, and I’ve cheated quite a bit. It’s the sweets I miss, and I will be making these cookies for sure. I’m finding it hard to get back to low carb eating, and I love your posts. Keep them coming. I remember you were having issues with your health, I hope you are in good health now. Thanks again.
Hi Brenda, I'm glad you like the post. I think it's impossible to be good 100% all the time, that's not what life it all about anyway. The important thing is that you find back to eating well - it's all about the progress and not perfection. If our bodies are healthy, they can handle the odd cheat day without problem. 🙂
Readers need to be aware that xylitol is deadly to dogs. Knowledge is the key.
hi Karen, you're right, I'll add it into the text.