This flavourful keto Caesar salad recipe with crunchy croutons and moist chicken breast is a tasty, satisfying meal. It's easy to prep in advance, which means you can have dinner ready in minutes.
I have been a huge fan of Caesar salad for years. The flavors and textures work just so well together. The crisp Romaine and crunchy garlic croutons paired with the tender chicken and parmesan shavings are a mouthwatering combination.
And then you've got the incredible dressing that pulls it all together - miles better than just a simple mayonnaise.
I'll be honest with you - I could eat Caesar salad every week! And after you taste this recipe, I think you'll feel the same.
🌟 Why You'll Love This Recipe
- Easy to make ahead. Prep all ingredients and when you're ready to eat, simply toss everything together.
- Satisfying and filling. High in protein and healthy fats
- Keto friendly - only 5g net carbs per portion
How many carbs in Caesar salad?
Traditional Caesar salads are not low carb at all. This is mainly because of the croutons. The Pizza Express Grand chicken Caesar salad, for example, contains 68g of net carbs.
And despite the fact that Caesar sauce is better for keto than sweet salad dressings, even that can sometimes contain hidden sugars.
However, this chicken Caesar salad recipe is 100 percent keto friendly. This is because I am using my easy homemade croutons and the best ever homemade keto Caesar dressing.
Like I mentioned above, one generous portion contains only 5g net carbs.
Here are the ingredients you need to make this recipe.
- Grilled chicken breast
- Romaine lettuce - Crunchy and delicious
- Shaved parmesan cheese
- Keto croutons - Gluten-free and quick to make
- Low carb Caesar salad dressing - Contains a soft-boiled egg, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, Dijon mustard and more. Don't leave out the anchovies. They are essential for that authentic Caesar flavour.
(This section contains step by step instructions and photos that show how to make this recipe. Find the recipe card with ingredient amounts and nutritional information at the bottom of the post.)
- First, prepare the croutons. Once they are out of the oven, let them cool to room temperature.
2. Next, make the dressing. (If you are feeling squeamish about the anchovy fillets, use anchovy paste instead).
Keep the dressing in the fridge until you're ready to eat.
3. Now, season chicken breasts with salt and pepper. If the breasts are thick, bash them with the end of a rolling pin to flatten the fat end. This will enable them to cook quicker and evenly.
Drizzle the chicken breasts with olive oil and fry on a griddle or in a frying pan until they are cooked through. Don't move them around while they are cooking.
4. In a bowl, toss the lettuce in the dressing. Add the chicken, parmesan and croutons and enjoy.
Here are a few ideas how you can change up the salad.
- Cherry tomatoes - For a bit of colour.
- Chopped cucumbers - Add extra crunch
- Chopped avocado - Great for when you're hungry.
- Hard boiled egg - Adds an additional protein boost.
- Any other type of lettuce - If you can't get hold of Romaine, simply use iceberg, gem lettuce or even arugula.
- Rotisserie chicken or shredded chicken leftovers - To save time on busy days.
- Crispy bacon
- Low carb chips: My 2 ingredient low carb chips contain cheddar cheese and pork rinds. They would also make a good alternative to the croutons.
- Parmesan crisps: This is another way to add crunch instead of the croutons.
Here's a quick recipe for parmesan or cheddar crisps:
- Grease a baking sheet and add small heaps of grated parmesan or cheddar onto the sheet.
- Place under the grill or broiler and bake until melted and crisp.
- Let cool, then remove from the sheet.
Can you make Caesar salad ahead?
Yes, this recipe is great for meal prep. You can make the croutons, mix the dressing and grill the chicken in advance. You can even prepare the parmesan shavings and store them in a closed container in the fridge.
When you are ready to eat, simply chop the lettuce and assemble the salad.
Store any leftovers in the fridge. Once you have added the dressing, salad leaves go soft within 1 day, so eat as soon as possible.
- Keto Egg Salad Recipe15 Minutes
- Bell Pepper Sandwich5 Minutes
- Cauliflower Keto Potato Salad25 Minutes
- Low Carb Keto Coleslaw (No Mayo)10 Minutes
Tried this recipe? Give it a star rating below!
★ STAY IN TOUCH on FACEBOOK, PINTEREST and INSTAGRAM for more great food and join my NEWSLETTER for the latest updates and a FREE EBOOK.★
Easy Homemade Keto Caesar Salad Recipefrom Sugar Free Londoner
Note: The servings slider only changes the first amount in each line and not any subsequent amounts. Please make your own calculations where necessary. ***As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 batch Caesar dressing
- 1 batch keto croutons
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 skinless chicken breasts 7 oz / 200g each
- salt and pepper
- 1 large head Romaine lettuce shredded + stalks removed (680g / 24oz)
- 1.8 oz shaved parmesan 50g
- Prepare the low carb caesar dressing as per my recipe.
- Prepare the croutons as per my recipe.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper. If the breasts are thick, bash them first with the end of a rolling pin to flatten the fat end. This will enable them to cook quicker and evenly.
- Drizzle the chicken in 1 tablespoon olive oil. Heat a griddle pan or frying pan with the rest of the olive oil. Fry the chicken breasts for 4 - 5 minutes per side until cooked through. Don't move during cooking. Rest on a chopping board whilst you assemble the salad.
- Toss the dressing through the lettuce. Slice the chicken breasts and toss or slice on top with shaved parmesan and croutons. Option to finish with a sprinkling of cracked black pepper.
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on one of these links and purchase a product, I may earn a small commission, at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting Sugar Free Londoner.
We had this salad for dinner last night. The recipe is easy to follow and it turned out beautifully. Will definitely be making again.
So glad you enjoyed it!
So delicious!! Loved it. Thank you.