Pepperoni chips are an easy, tasty and satisfying keto snack that is ready in just 10 minutes. You won't believe how crunchy these chips are!
These pepperoni chips are my favorite quick snack when I crave pizza flavor, but don't want to eat a whole pizza.
I love their crispy texture and the fact that they have zero net carbs.
You can make these chips in the oven, in the air fryer and even in the microwave. I have tested each method and explain them all in this post.
You need only one ingredient - pepperoni slices!
Any pepperoni of your choice works, of course. I like to choose a nitrate-free, naturally cured pepperoni.
You can also make delicious chips with regular salami or with chorizo slices.
Here are the 3 different ways to prepare pepperoni chips: in the oven, in the air fryer and in the microwave.
I normally choose the oven method because this way, I can make a larger batch. However, all methods work equally well.
Oven Baked Pepperoni Chips
Step 1: Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Arrange the pepperoni slices in a single layer with a little space between them.
Step 2: Bake in the preheated oven for 6 to 8 minutes or until crisp and browned.
Step 3: Remove the chips from the oven and soak up the excess oil with a paper towel.
(You can also bake them directly on a wire rack, with parchment paper placed underneath to catch the oil.)
Air Fryer Pepperoni Chips
Preheat the air fryer to 200C / 400F. Air fry the pepperoni slices in a single layer for 2-3 minutes or until crisp.
Depending on the size of the air fryer basket, you may need to do this in several batches.
Microwave Pepperoni Chips
Microwave the pepperoni in 20-second intervals. Mine took 60 seconds. My microwave cooks at 900 Watts.
The cooking time will depend on the pepperoni and on the power of your microwave.
The chips will crisp up just like in the oven, only without browning.
#1 No matter which method you choose, always keep an eye on the chips as they cook. Be careful not to burn them!
#2 Don’t overcook the slices. They will crisp up more when they cool.
It is fun to experiment with flavor add-ons. I add them directly onto the slices before I cook them:
- Italian seasoning
- Chilli powder or chili flakes
- Grated parmesan
- Shredded cheddar cheese
And this is my personal fave:
Margarita Pepperoni. Top each slice with sun-dried tomato paste, tomato sauce or tomato puree, 1 mini buffalo mozzarella, sliced and serve with fresh basil leaves or Italian herb seasoning. (This version is an upside-down version of my low carb pizza bites!)
They are also yummy topped with a chunk of cheese.
The chips stay crispy for 1-2 days if you store them in an airtight container.
More Keto Snack Recipes
Here are more keto snacks to try:
Crispy Pepperoni Chipsfrom Sugar Free Londoner
Note: The servings slider only changes the first amount in each line and not any subsequent amounts. Please make your own calculations where necessary.
- 24 pepperoni slices or chorizo!
- Preheat the oven to 390F / 200C.
- Line two baking trays with greaseproof paper. Arrange the pepperoni slices (12 per tray) with a little space between them. If flavouring, add now (see notes).
- Bake in the oven for 6 - 8 minutes. Careful not to burn and don’t overcook as they will crisp up when cooled.
- Remove the pepperoni crisps from the oven and pat dry with kitchen paper.
Air Fryer Method
- Preheat the air fryer to 200C / 400F. Air fry the pepperoni slices in a single layer for 2-3 minutes or until crisp. Depending on the size of the air fryer basket, you may need to do this in several batches.
- Microwave the pepperoni in 20-second intervals. Mine take 40-60 seconds. The time depends on the pepperoni and on the power of your microwave.