Tried this recipe? Give it a star rating below!
★ STAY IN TOUCH on FACEBOOK, PINTEREST and INSTAGRAM for more great food and join my NEWSLETTER for the latest updates and a FREE EBOOK.★
Crispy BBQ Keto Chicken Wingsfrom Sugar Free Londoner
My whole family loves this crispy chicken wings recipe. It's super easy to throw together and it works as an appetiser with a dollop of mayonnaise, as finger food and as part of a main course together with a crunchy green salad. BBQ flavour, but made in the oven!
Note: The servings slider only changes the first amount in each line and not any subsequent amounts. Please make your own calculations where necessary. ***As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- frying pan
- 35 oz / 1 kg chicken wings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or butter
- 1.5 tablespoon paprika
- 2-3 tablespoon Golden Lakanto or another brown sugar alternative
- ½ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ tsp chilli powder
- ¾ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ tsp mustard powder
- Preheat the oven to 220 Celsius / 200 Celsius fan / 428 Fahrenheit.
- Prepare the rub by mixing all the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet or non stick frying pan and sear the chicken wings for 2 - 3
minutes per side. (If using a cast iron skillet you may need to grease with a little oil to prevent sticking.)
- Once seared, place the chicken wings in a mixing bowl and toss with the rub and olive oil or butter. Massage until fully coated.
- Place the BBQ Chicken Wings onto a greaseproof lined baking tray and bake in the oven for around 35 minutes until crisp. Turn half way through for even cooking. For ultimate crispy skin, you can also place under the grill at the end for around 3 - 5 minutes to really crisp up.
If your chicken wings are fairly large like mine, you'll have about 12 - 14 wings per kilo. This equals about 3 wings per person. Chicken wings can vary in size. If you buy smaller wings, you may need to reduce the oven time by about 5 minutes so they don't burn. Just keep an eye on them!
Calories: 521kcalTotal Carbohydrates: 2.8gProtein: 44.4gFat: 35.9gFiber: 1.2gSugar: 0.6g
Tried this recipe? Pin it for later!Mention @sugarfreelondon or tag #sugarfreelondon!
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on one of these links and purchase a product, I may earn a small commission, at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting Sugar Free Londoner.
Sugar free son loved making these (and we all enjoyed them too!) last night. At last a website which offers delicious recipes low in carbs, sugar free & dairy free too. Simple but super tasty recipes. I am trying the chocolate muffins recipe next!
Hi Katrin, Just made these tonight and they were delicious... Will certainly be having these again - thumbs up from hubby and son!
Dee - NZ
So glad you both liked them!!!
These were amazing! I'm always looking for more variety with keto and these really hit the spot.
That's so good to hear!!! Thank you for taking the time to comment 🙂
You suggest using granulated erythritol but do not give a quantity. I am assuming it will not be 2-3 tbs of erythritol.
Please reply asap as I cannot wait to try this recipe.
Hi Anthea, it's 2-3 tbsp of Golden Lakanto or any other erythritol:)
Cant wait to try them. Right now I'm looking for a Keto or low carb blueberry Scone. Do you have one?
Hi Theresa, I have a great recipe for grain free English scones that you can just add a handful of blueberries to.
Hi. Can one substitute boneless chicken breast for the wings?
Yes, you can use the rub with any part of the chicken.