This cheesy bacon bread rolls recipe is a soft fluffy ketogenic bread covered in mozzarella cheese and delicious bacon pieces. I’ve been super-busy in the last weeks. Luckily, my blogger friend Aaron from FatForWeightLoss has kindly offered to help me out with a guest post. Aaron is a nutritional therapist and well known for his ketogenic bread recipes – and I have to say, this one sounds absolutely delicious. Over to Aaron now!
Hello everyone, Aaron here. I’d like to briefly explain the principles of the ketogenic diet for those of you who are not familiar with it.
A keto diet is just a low carb diet coupled with a higher fat intake. The number of carbs depends on each person, but it is usually below 20 grams of net carbs per day. Net carbs just mean that you subtract the amount of fiber from the total carbohydrates consumed within a meal.
The ketogenic diet has grown in popularity over the past few years. But it can be very hard for some people to stick with because they just love bread way too much!
However, let me show you how to make these cheesy bacon bread rolls. They are not only sugar-free, but will fill that void if going ketogenic is your thing and you are missing that bread-y texture you’ve been craving.
This limited amount of carbohydrate intake will switch your body over to burning ketones as your primary source of fuel. Alternatively, you can look at your body switching from being a sugar burning steam train with all the black dirty soot covering the engine, to a clean burning Tesla that runs on fat and ultimately does less damage to your body.
Why Go Ketogenic?
So why would we want to reduce the amount of sugar we consume and switch our bodies over to burn fat instead? Let me explain why we would want to pursue this:
- Metabolically, fat is a superior fuel for the body
- Consuming fats enhances your brain function and gives mental stability
- Greater health and longevity that comes from controlling your blood sugar levels naturally.
5 based on 2 review(s)
- 1 1/4 Cups Almond Flour
- 5 Tbsp. Psyllium Husk Powder
- 3 Egg Whites
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tbsp. White Vinegar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Boiling Water
- ½ Cup Mozzarella Cheese
- 225g Diced Bacon (8 Ounces)
- Place egg whites into a mixing bowl, and beat with an electric mixer for 2 mins until white peaks form.
- Slowly mix in the vinegar and beat again for 1 min.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the Almond Flour, Psyllium husk powder, baking powder, and salt.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the egg white mixture.
- Pour in the boiling water and mix until it turns very thick like dough.
- Separate into 6 Rolls and bake at 180 C (355F) for 40 mins (These bread rolls will rise high so make sure there is enough room on the tray).
- In a frying pan, cook the bacon until it just turns brown. Wait until the bread rolls have reached 40 mins, and place the bacon and cheese on top of the bread rolls.
- Cook for another 10 mins at the same temperature. Serve and enjoy!