Enjoy scrumptious keto French toast made from scratch in just 10 minutes! This easy homemade French toast recipe has an authentic flavor and texture.
I have a new passion: low carb French toast!
This recipe is not only delicious but also SO easy and quick. Because we're using my 90 second keto bread! The bread is super soft and has large air pockets, which soak up the egg mixture like a dream.
🌟 Why You'll Love This Recipe
- It is quick. Even though we are making the toast from scratch, your keto French toast is ready to eat in just 10 minutes.
- Authentic! The toast has a soft and chewy texture, with an irresistibly crispy crust. It is buttery, there is a hint of cinnamon and it is gently sweet. Drench it in sugar-free syrup and enjoy!
- Keto-friendly - The recipe is low in carbs with just 4.7g net carbs per portion. It is also gluten-free and high in fibre.
Here's what you need for keto French toast:
- 90 Second Keto Bread. This contains almond flour, psyllium husk, egg white, baking powder and water. Or, use any keto bread of your choice!
- Almond milk
- Granulated sweetener - I used a golden erythritol monk fruit sweetener blend. Allulose also works well because it caramelises like sugar.
- Butter, for frying
See the recipe card for full information on ingredients and quantities.
it is surprisingly easy to make keto French toast. Here are the basic steps.
For detailed instructions, scroll down to the recipe card.
Make a thick slice of 90 second keto bread. A 5 x 5 inch container works well for this.
Note - I doubled the ingredients in the original recipe to get an extra thick slice. The microwave time remains the same - 90 seconds.
Stir together the egg mixture - one whisked egg and almond milk. Dunk the bread into the mix to coat from both sides.
Sprinkle it all over with golden sweetener (I like Lakanto Golden or Sukrin Gold) and cinnamon.
Melt butter in a nonstick pan and fry the French toast on the stovetop on both sides over low heat until golden. Serve warm.
#1 Nut flours brown quickly. Fry the bread over low heat to avoid over-browning.
#2 French toast is all about the toppings! Drench it in sugar-free syrup, add berries or dust with powdered sweetener.
On a nut-free diet? Replace the almond flour in the toast with 2 tablespoons coconut flour.
Supercharge the flavor: The egg mixture can be made richer by replacing the unsweetened almond milk with heavy cream. You can also add 1 teaspoon vanilla extract to the egg mixture. Or, add a pinch of nutmeg or cardamom.
Simply slice the bread into sticks before soaking them in the egg mixture.
Easy! Quadruple the bread recipe. Slice the bread and butter it. Place in an oven proof dish and pour over the egg mix. Then bake in the oven for about 15-20 minutes at 180 Celsius / 350 Fahrenheit until the egg is set and the top is browned.
If you don't have a square container, make the 2 batches of 90 second bread in 2 ramekins or mugs.
Here are topping ideas for your keto friendly French toast:
- dust with powdered sweetener
- pour over sugar free syrup
- add a knob of butter or heavy whipping cream
- top with ¼ cup or 30 grams of berries - blueberries, raspberries, blackberries or strawberries
- douse in keto caramel sauce
- sprinkle over more golden erythritol and cinnamon
- add slivered almonds or other nuts
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Gently reheat in the microwave or in the frying pan.
More Keto Breakfast Recipes
Tried this recipe? Give it a star rating below!
Keto French Toastfrom Sugar Free Londoner
Note: The servings slider only changes the first amount in each line and not any subsequent amounts. Please make your own calculations where necessary.
- Make the 90 second keto bread, but double the ingredients to make the bread thicker. For this recipe I used a 14 x 12 x 5 cm microwaveable container. Simply stir together all ingredients and microwave for 90 seconds on high.
- Prepare the egg mix. In a mixing bowl whisk the eggs and almond milk with a fork.
- Once the keto bread is cooled, soak in the egg mix. Mix the cinnamon and sweetener in a small bowl and sprinkle over both sides of the soaked bread.
- Melt the butter in a skillet / non stick frying pan over medium / low heat. Fry until golden brown (about 1 - 2 minutes on each side). Keep checking it so the cinnamon doesn’t burn.
- Slice into triangles and serve with toppings of your choice.