These keto cinnamon muffins are just the best! They have a fluffy inside and a crunchy pecan streusel topping. A lovely low carb breakfast treat or sugar free on the go snack with only 3.5g net carbs!
Table of contents
Have you heard of keto coffee cake muffins? Well, these sugar free muffins are exactly that. They have all the taste and flavour of a coffee cake, but in a handy grab and go muffin shape!
I have a TON of keto muffin recipes on my website already. But this one is something else. I've managed to achieve the perfect balance of moist and fluffy. And the paper cases come off easily without half the muffin sticking to it. Clearly, all the practice has been paying off!
We all loved the crunchy topping of these keto cinnamon muffins. And because the buttery sweetness of pecans marries so well with the autumnal flavour of cinnamon, I mixed some crushed pecans into the batter too.
My family gobbled these ones up so quickly I wish I'd hidden a couple!
Ingredients for almond flour cinnamon muffins
Let's take a look at the ingredients:
- Almond flour - I used ground blanched almonds in this recipe. This is equivalent to regular blanched almond flour in the US. Super fine almond flour should also work well.
- Pecans - I ground my pecans in the food processor. I did this in two batches. For the batter, I ground them quite fine and for the topping I left them coarser.
- Sweetener - A golden erythritol monk fruit sweetener with its gentle caramel note is perfect for these low carb muffins. However, a white sweetener such as xylitol or allulose will also work.
- Eggs - Choose large eggs and make sure they're room temperature. This helps with a better rise.
- Butter - Should be unsalted and melted.
- Cream cheese
- Baking powder
How to make easy keto cinnamon muffins
Whisk the eggs with an electric mixer or in a food processor until fluffy, pale and double in size. This takes about 2 minutes.
Add the melted butter, cream cheese and sweetener and beat until smooth.
In a separate bowl, stir together all remaining dry ingredients for the batter: almond flour, finely chopped pecans, cinnamon and baking powder. Add to the wet ingredients and blend until you have a smooth batter.
Now, prepare the pecan crunch streusel: Stir together second batch of coarsely chopped pecans, melted butter and sweetener in a bowl. Option to make cinnamon sugar by adding an additional ½ teaspoon cinnamon.
Line a muffin tin with paper cups and fill in the sugar free muffin batter. Top with the pecan streusel. I also added a few whole pecans into a few of the muffins.
Note - I had originally intended to make 8 cream cheese muffins, but with all the batter tasting I ended up with just 7. You may be able to squeeze 8 out of the recipe!
Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and a skewer inserted comes out clean. Mine took 30 minutes.
Dairy free keto cinnamon muffins: To make this recipe dairy free, replace the butter with coconut oil and the cream cheese with coconut yoghurt or a dairy free cream cheese.
Nut free option: This would be an entirely different recipe, but I know some of you need to stay nut free. My best suggestion would be to add cinnamon to my coconut flour muffins and leave out the berries. Make a coconut flour streusel topping with coconut flour, butter, cinnamon and sweetener!
No cream cheese? Replace it with yoghurt for a lighter version or with sour cream.
No pecans: Use walnuts or hazelnuts.
Fruity upgrade: Chop 1-2 desserts apples and mix the pieces into the batter to make keto apple cinnamon muffins.
How to store keto muffins
All almond flour muffins keep well in an airtight container at room temperature for 3 days or in the fridge for up to 6 days. Alternatively, freeze for up to 3 months.
More low carb muffin recipes
Muffin fans should book mark my post about the best keto muffin recipes. Here are my current favourites:
These raspberry muffins are a family favourite!
Everyone needs a really good chocolate muffins recipe - here it is!
Plenty of autumnal flavours in these pumpkin cheesecake muffins!
Tried this recipe? Give it a star rating below!
Keto Cinnamon Muffins (Pecan Crunch Streusel)from sugarfreelondoner.com
Note: The servings slider only changes the first amount in each line and not any subsequent amounts. Please make your own calculations where necessary. ***As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Cinnamon muffin batter
Pecan crunch streusel
- ½ cup chopped pecans 55g
- 1 tbsp butter melted
- 1 tbsp golden erythritol
- ½ tsp cinnamon optional
- Preheat the oven to 180C / 160C fan / 350 F and line a muffin.pan with paper cups.
- Whisk the eggs with an electric mixer or in a food processor until fluffy, pale and double in size. This takes about 2 minutes.
- Add the melted butter, cream cheese and sweetener and beat until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, stir together all remaining dry ingredients for the batter: almond flour, chopped pecans, cinnamon and baking powder. Add to the wet ingredients and blend until you have a smooth batter.
- Now, prepare the pecan crunch streusel: Stir together chopped pecans, melted butter and sweetener in a bowl.
- Fill the sugar free muffin batter into the prepared paper cups and top with the pecan streusel.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and a skewer inserted comes out clean.
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on one of these links and purchase a product, I may earn a small commission, at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting Sugar Free Londoner.