These keto cinnamon muffins are just the best! They have a fluffy crumb and a crunchy pecan streusel topping. A lovely breakfast treat or sugar free on the go snack with only 3.5g net carbs.
These muffins are my new favourite. I've managed to achieve the perfect balance of moist and fluffy.
And the paper cases come off easily without half the muffin sticking to it.
We all loved the crunchy topping of these almond flour cinnamon muffins. And because the buttery sweetness of pecans marries so well with the autumnal flavour of cinnamon, I mixed some crushed pecans into the batter too.
My family gobbled them up so quickly I wish I'd hidden a couple!
Here are the ingredients you'll need for this keto muffin recipe:
- Almond flour - I used ground blanched almonds. This is equivalent to regular blanched almond flour in the US. Super fine almond flour should also work well.
- Pecans - I ground the pecans in the food processor. I did this in two batches. For the batter, I ground them finely and for the topping I left them coarser.
- Sweetener - A golden erythritol monk fruit sweetener with its gentle caramel note is perfect for these low carb muffins. However, a white sweetener such as xylitol or allulose will also work.
- Eggs - Choose large eggs
- Butter - Should be unsalted and melted.
- Cream cheese - Use at room temperature so the muffins rise well.
- Baking powder
See the recipe card for full information on ingredients and quantities.
Cinnamon sugar topping: Instead of the pecan crunch, mix 3-4 tablespoons of granulated sweetener and 2 teaspoon cinnamon. Add before baking.
Dairy free keto cinnamon muffins: To make this recipe dairy free, replace the butter with coconut oil and the cream cheese with coconut yoghurt or a dairy free cream cheese.
Nut free option: Add cinnamon to my coconut flour muffins and leave out the berries. Make a coconut flour streusel topping with coconut flour, butter, cinnamon and sweetener!
No cream cheese? Replace it with yoghurt for a lighter version or with sour cream.
Change up the nuts: Use walnuts or hazelnuts.
Fruity upgrade: Chop 1-2 dessert apples and mix into the batter.
This section contains step-by-step instructions and photos that show how to make this recipe. See the recipe card for full information on ingredients and quantities
Let's make cinnamon flavored keto muffins!
Step 1: Whisk the eggs until fluffy, pale and double in size. Add the melted butter, cream cheese and sweetener and beat until smooth.
Step 2: Stir together all remaining dry ingredients for the batter: almond flour, finely chopped pecans, cinnamon and baking powder. Add to the wet ingredients and blend until you have a smooth batter.
Step 3: Prepare the pecan crunch streusel: Stir together second batch of coarsely chopped pecans, melted butter and sweetener in a bowl. Option to make cinnamon sugar by adding an additional ½ teaspoon cinnamon.
Step 4: Line a muffin tin with paper cups and fill in the sugar free muffin batter. Top with the pecan streusel. I also added a few whole pecans into a few of the muffins.
Step 5: Bake until golden brown and a skewer inserted comes out clean.
Always use room temperature ingredients when baking. This helps keto muffins rise and you get a fluffy and light crumb.
All almond flour muffins keep well in an airtight container at room temperature for 3 days or in the fridge for up to 6 days. Alternatively, freeze for up to 3 months.
More Keto Muffin Recipes
Tried this recipe? Give it a star rating below!
Keto Cinnamon Muffinsfrom Sugar Free Londoner
Note: The servings slider only changes the first amount in each line and not any subsequent amounts. Please make your own calculations where necessary.
Cinnamon muffin batter
Pecan crunch streusel
- ½ cup chopped pecans 55g
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
- 1 tablespoon golden erythritol
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon optional
- Preheat the oven to 180C / 350 F electric or 160C / 320 F fan and line a muffin pan with paper cups.
- Whisk the eggs with an electric mixer or in a food processor until fluffy, pale and double in size. This takes about 2 minutes.
- Add the melted butter, cream cheese and sweetener and beat until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, stir together all remaining dry ingredients for the batter: almond flour, chopped pecans, cinnamon and baking powder. Add to the wet ingredients and blend until you have a smooth batter.
- Now, prepare the pecan crunch streusel: Stir together chopped pecans, melted butter and sweetener in a bowl.
- Fill the batter into the prepared paper cups and top with the pecan streusel.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and a skewer inserted comes out clean.