Air fryer radishes are crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. A healthy, bright and simple side dish that is ready in just 20 minutes.
I often add thinly sliced radishes to my salads, because they add crunch and a pretty colour pop.
Sometimes, I'll also eat them as a simple snack all on their own. They are great with a little salt. My mum used to halve them and spread them with butter, which is also surprisingly tasty.
However, roasting takes radishes to a whole new level. They lose all of their peppery sharpness and taste mild and delicious. Their texture is very similar to roasted potatoes - soft and tender.
It's my new favourite way of preparing radishes!
I love using the air fryer for roasting radishes because it cooks them quicker than the oven. The air fryer also uses very little electricity.
Of course, for a larger portion, you can also use the oven. I am giving oven timings in the recipe card.
The only must-have ingredients for this recipe are fresh radishes, a little oil and seasonings of your choice.
Radishes are root vegetables that come in many shapes and sizes. The most common radish has red or purple skin and white, crunchy flesh that tastes peppery when raw.
RADISHES: When I buy radishes, I make sure they have bright red skin that is not scratched or torn.
Another type of radish that can be used in this recipe is the daikon radish. It tastes a little sweeter and it is much larger. Simply cut it into cubes and air-fry it just like the round red radishes.
And here is a tip: Don't throw out the leaves when you prepare the radishes. Radish greens can be chopped and used in salads. You can also sauté them like you would spinach or kale.
SEASONING: You will need a little oil to toss the radishes in. My recommendation is a fruity extra virgin olive oil.
Last but not least, we want to add flavor. In this recipe, I use sea salt and pepper, rosemary and thyme.
See the recipe card for full information on ingredients and quantities.
Making air fryer radishes is a breeze. Here are the basic steps:
Step 1: Preheat the air-fryer. Trim the leaves and the stems of the radishes. Wash them and pat them dry. Then, cut the radishes into equally sized pieces and toss them in a bowl with oil, seasoning and herbs.
Step 2: Lay the radishes in a single layer in the preheated air fryer basket. Cook until crisp on the outside and tender on the inside.
You will agree with me that this is a very simple recipe. However, there are a few tricks to make it perfectly.
1. Equal size. The most important thing is to cut the radishes into equally sized pieces. Large radishes need to be quartered, medium-sized ones halved and baby radishes can stay as they are.
2. Single layer. Lay the radishes in a single layer in the basket. This way, the air can circulate around them and crisp them up everywhere.
3. Shake the basket halfway during cooking. This is necessary to ensure the radishes roast evenly.
You can choose to enjoy the radishes unseasoned or with just a little salt. Here are more ideas:
- garlic or garlic powder
- onion powder
- parsley (add towards the end of air frying)
- red pepper flakes
- keto taco seasoning
- grated parmesan cheese
- cheddar cheese
- a squeeze of lemon or lemon zest
- coat them in keto bread crumbs.
Air-fried radishes are delicious as a snack. We like them dipped in keto mayonnaise or sour cream. They taste good hot or cold.
Here are a few dishes I like to pair roasted radishes with:
- Keto Lemon Chicken
- Low Carb Chicken Nuggets
- Hearty Keto Beef Stew
- Keto Swedish Meatballs
- Air Fryer Chicken Leg Quarters
You can also add leftovers to a soup or a salad.
For oven roasted radishes, preheat the oven to 200C / 400F. Prepare the radishes as per recipe. Then, roast them in a pan lined with parchment paper for 15 minutes. Flip them and roast for a further 10-15 minutes on the other side.
Of course. Fry them over a low heat to give them time to soften before they brown all around.
Yes. Depending on the air fryer size, the radishes won't fit in one single layer. This means the cooking time will increase by around 10 minutes. Shake the air fryer basket a couple of times during cooking to ensure even browning.
Refrigerator: Store roasted radishes in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. I don't recommend freezing them.
Reheating: Radishes lose their crispness during storage. To reheat, put them back in the air fryer for a few minutes. This will crisp them up. If you use the microwave, they stay soft.
More Easy Side Dishes
Here are more easy side dishes to try:
Tried this recipe? Give it a star rating below!
Crispy Air Fryer Radishesfrom Sugar Free Londoner
Note: The servings slider only changes the first amount in each line and not any subsequent amounts. Please make your own calculations where necessary.
- 1 lb fresh radishes (16oz or 2 bunches) stems removed, ends trimmed and halved or quartered depending on size
- 1 tablespoon Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary or ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme or ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F / 200C.
- Add the radishes to a bowl and toss with oil, seasoning and herbs.
- Put the radishes into the preheated air fryer basket and cook for 8 minutes. Shake the basket and continue cooking for another 6 minutes or until crisp and golden on the outside and tender on the inside.