Yields 4 portions
Who says trifle is for dessert? Quinoa Breakfast Trifle is a super-charged wheat-free way to kickstart your day.
3 minPrep Time
12 minCook Time
15 minTotal Time
5 based on 1 review(s)
- 300g cooked quinoa (made with unsweetened almond milk instead of water)
- 150g blueberries (can be frozen)
- 150g plain full fat yoghurt
- handful of sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon xylitol
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- more berries for decorating
- The evening before you want your quinoa breakfast trifle, cook the quinoa with milk or almond milk. I used 1 cup quinoa, 2 cups of milk and had some leftovers
- Add a teaspoon of vanilla extract (everything tastes better with vanilla!) and 1 tablespoon of xylitol or sweetener of choice
- Stir through your blueberries. This gives it the pretty colour. It's got to look good, right?
- Let your quinoa cool over night.
- In the morning, layer your berry quinoa (loosen with some more milk if you like) with plain yoghurt, some sliced almonds and decorate with berries.