3 Ingredient Low Carb Crepes
Looking for an easy breakfast treat? Try these simple 3 ingredient fail-safe keto crepes!
- 4 eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 2 tbsp psyllium husks or 1 tbsp psyllium husk powder
- 4 tbsp cream cheese full fat
- butter for frying
Mix all ingredients with a stick blender or in a food processor/power blender. Your batter will be very liquid.
Heat some butter in a non-stick pan, pour in some batter and swirl it around until it is evenly distributed.
Fry on a medium heat until the top has firmed up. Flip over and fry the other side.
Continue until all batter is used up.
1. I used this crepe pan - it has a diameter of 20 cm. If your non stick pan is smaller, you could easily get eight crepes with your batter.
2. The crepes taste good as is, but if you like, you could add 5 drops of stevia glycerite and vanilla/cinnamon to complement sweet fillings or add a pinch of salt/onion powder/garlic/paprika for savoury ones.
3. Check the texture of your psyllium husk! The individual husk pieces are small, but not completely powdered - like tiny sticks. If your psyllium husk has the texture of icing sugar (or indeed is called "psyllium husk powder"), halve the amount stated in the recipe.
Calories: 103kcal | Carbohydrates: 3.5g | Protein: 7.3g | Fat: 6.6g | Fiber: 2.3g | Sugar: 0.6g